The church now known as Mesick
United Methodist Church began in 1896 when Rev.
Hugh Kennedy began bi-weekly services at the
school house. Five years later the Rev. H.H. Harris
began weekly services and encouraged the
people to build.
In April of 1902 the lot was purchased for $60.00. The building was
dedicated on March 5, of 1905. A tower was added in 1910, and
chimes in 1957. When a village water main broke in 1961,
the basement flooded and there was excessive damage. The
church family united and the church was completely
remodeled. A new Fellowship Hall was dedicated on May 4, 1975.
Today, we remain a church dedicated to serving the Lord in
our homes, our communities and with our lives. Through
all the years, Mesick United Methodist Church remains
a place where we are:
Prayerfully SEEKING and Finding the Lord
Gracefully GROWING in God's Knowledge
Powerfully SERVING the Needs of Others
Actively REACHING Others with God's Love.